Friday, February 29, 2008

Worries

I can honestly say that I am more than a little bit worried about going to school. I will have to move away from my parents house, I've never lived anywhere that wasn't with family. I won't know anyone, and considering my lack of social skills I probably will have a hard time making friends. Not to mention the actually school part, the last time I went to school I was 17 years old, and it didn't work out well. I think it would be easier if I had friends who were going to the same school as me. I've thought about going to SUU so that I could at least know a few people, but I don't want to get trapped in that world. I love Southern Utah, it will always be my home, but I just don't know if it's the right place for me right now. Eventually I would like to end up there, but I don't want to live my whole life there. Right now I'm mainly considering USU up in Logan, it's really the only school that I have looked at, but it seems to have a good Music program. I guess I should look into a couple of other schools. Of course this is all dependent on whether or not I can get the financial aid and get accepted to a school, which I am doubtful about. I hate not having anyone to help me with this stuff. This is why I didn't end up going to school when I was younger, I went to sign up for classes at DSC and was just overwhelmed and didn't know what I was supposed to do. I have to do something to move my life forward though, I can't live with my parents forever, and I definitely can't keep doing the job that I'm doing now.

No comments: