Saturday, February 16, 2008

Maturity

I had a wonderful evening. I went out to Hurricane to Matt's house and just sat and had fun conversation with his parents and friends. It's the kind of thing I enjoy doing, a small gathering of people just enjoying each other's company. I think it was just the thing I needed. Through this I realized that I have actually matured since I was 18. I always say how I haven't changed, but when I really think about it there are a few things about me that have changed. Today was a pretty crappy day considering everything that happened, but I didn't let it get me down and I feel very good about myself because of that. I don't know if I've ever felt this way about myself before, it's a good feeling. If there's one thing I've learned in the past few months that is to enjoy the little things in life and try to not dwell on bad things. I really feel like something has been set in motion inside myself and that I am ready to move forward with my life instead of being afraid of it. For that I must thank my friend, she has made me realize many things about myself and has helped me to be a better person.

No comments: