Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Forgetting You

So here I find myself again. 3AM and I can't sleep, I'm bored out of my mind even though I'm sure there are a million things I could be doing. Everything that has happened in the past month and a half seems like forever ago to me now. I wish it hadn't gone down the way that it did, but that's the past and I can't change that. I am OK without you, I didn't know if I would be, but I am. I wish that you hadn't given up on me, I know that I'm not perfect, but I didn't know that I was a lost cause. I want you to be happy, I guess if not having me in your life makes you happy then that is the way it has to be. It hurts me, deep inside, that you feel like you can't be my friend. It's amazing to me that there are so many things that remind me of you. I only knew you for a short time, yet everywhere I turn something brings you to my mind. What bothers me is that I have no tangible proof that I ever knew you, no pictures, nothing. All I have are my memories of the times we had together, and while I would like to think that I will never forget, I am afraid that some day I will.

No comments: