Friday, January 28, 2005

Chaos, Utter Chaos

well i had one hell of a morning, i arrived at work at 1:30 AM to do my paperwork before loading up my truck. I get the paperwork done by 2:00 like i always do. I get the truck around to the dock and there are still 3 vans loading up. i go in and ask donna what is going on and she says that we're running more than an hour late. i didn't get on the road until about 3:30 when normally i'm out of there by 2:15. I make my first three drops without incident, when i get to lins to make the big drop there are already carriers waiting there for their papers. so of course i had to give the people that were already there their papers first, which really screwed up my order. during the course of the unloading one of the carriers got 1 extra bundle and i ended up having to drive all the way back to the plant to get a bundle +5 and then all the way back out to santa clara to make my last 4 drops. needless to say it was a very hectic morning for me. i got back home at about 6:15 and went to sleep after a little surfing of the net. at 9:00 roger calls me and asks me if i can come out to the plant to have a little meeting with him about something. so i get up and get dressed and head out there. about 5 minutes after i got there the fire alarm started going off, it turns out that a water line broke in the press room and it was flooding. so roger is running around trying to find the place to turn off the water and trying to get someone to come turn off the fire alarm. finally after about 45 minutes of sitting around on my part roger comes back and tells me what the deal is. his boss called him this morning and told him that he is over budget for employees and that he can't keep me on as a regular employee. he then tells me that he want's me to sign a contract so that he can keep me on because i'm doing such a good job. so now i will be doing the hurricane route 7 days a week and be getting a flat rate every two weeks, and i drive my own vehicle now instead of a company vehicle. now that all of the chaos has finally subsided i am ready to go back to sleep. goodnight, or morning as it were.

No comments: