Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Of Mice And Medical Bills

So I went to get an MRI on my knee yesterday, that was lots of fun. Laying completely still inside a giant machine that makes loud noises for about an hour. I guess my doctor will get the results today and I'll hear from him tomorrow hopefully. I'm really hoping that it's just a clear case and that there isn't any question what's wrong. I want to just have the surgery for whatever it is and be done with it as quickly as possible. I need to be able to go out and find a job so that I can help my Mom with the bills and such.

We apparently have a mouse problem in our house again. There are construction crews tearing up the field across the street from our house to build a school, so all of the mice are coming to our house apparently. One of them is hiding out in one of the burners on our stove, if you're quiet you can stand and watch it peak it's head out to look around. One of them got caught in a trap last night and my nieces came to get me to take care of it. I told them to look away because they wouldn't want to see it, but they insisted of course. So I showed it to them, it was a really bad one too, the trap almost decapitated the poor thing. I really wish there was a way to get them out of the house without killing them, I hate to kill animals. Insects I'm OK with killing, I hate those bastards, but animals I just don't feel right about killing them.

No comments: