Saturday, August 02, 2008

Knee Problems

I finally went to see the doctor about my knee yesterday. Something I should have taken care of a long time ago. He says that he thinks it's a torn meniscus, which is obviously not a good thing. So I have to go get an MRI on Monday, for which I will have to pay in the neighborhood of $700. If it does turn out to be the meniscus then I will have to have surgery to either repair it or take out the torn part. It all depends on where the tear is. If it's on the outer area they will be able to repair it, which is better in the long run. If it's on the inside they will have to basically cut a section of it out, which can cause problems down the road with arthritis and such things. I don't know how much this is all going to cost, but I would imagine it will easily be in the $5,000 range. I'm going to be in debt forever because of this, and I am completely miserable about it.

No comments: